The Old barn in Coeur D' Alene, Idaho

The Old barn in Coeur D' Alene, Idaho
Welcome to my blog, this picture is my frist blue ribbon.

About Me

My photo
I have a great Interest in Photography, I love reading and learning, I enjoy many different ways of expressing my talents in art. I Like culinary food art, carving fruit and vegetables and catering parties. I like drawing and water coloring as well. Other activities I enjoy are dancing, golfing, racquetball and bowling. However, my favorite things to do is travel, eating out and taking pictures along the way. I am a member of the Nevada camera club. It is one of the best ways of learning Photography because you get to learn will doing. I learn so much from the other members, their classes and field trips. What pushes me the most is their competitions. I am currently learning photo shop on my computer, That might take me a few years though.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Friday My Town Shoot Out...

This weeks theme is of the word FRESH.

Last Saturday the Nevada Camera Club had a field trip up at Mt. Charleston. It's only twenty minutes from were we live and yet it's 20 degrees cooler and lots of FRESH air. It smelled so fresh it was one of the first things I mentioned to my Husband when we arrived. We all met a the Resort Hotel  and had lunch in their dinning room. There was about 22 of us that showed up. We were given a map of trails we could go on. After lunch we all went our own ways. Jarilyn and her Husband Justin joined us in going up to the lodge further up the mountian. We walked around the houses that were near by.
This cabin was one I was fond of, I wouldn't mind having a cabin like this as a get away some day.
Cute Mail box Right?

we saw a bear being lazy, they had a few more in their yard but I liked him best.
These Fox's were on the front yard of another house that reminded me of the house that Pippy Longstocking lived in. Do you remember those books?
I took a self portrait. Do you see me?
 
I like these flowers their pretty FRESH because they don't last very long.
Then we decided to venture a little further and take a hike on the Cathedral rock trail. My Husband was a tiny bit apprehensive he told us he wait for us while we walked it but he soon decided to follow us.  
we saw some unusual growths growing out of trees.
and underneath them.

How about inside them?
 I think that bugs made all those curvy lines. I thought it was pretty cool. 
This is my Husband Shawn. He was watching Justin climb up the mountain to sit on a rock.

That's the climb he made.
And that's him sitting there. The climb down wasn't to easy, he skinned up his leg a little. He said it was pretty steep.
He made it though, He said he had fun.

I thought the color of the sky in this photo was pretty.


Shawn pointed out this bird it was on a really tall tree I could hardly see him. The picture turned out better than I thought it would.
This is Jarilyn fixing her setting on her camera we were doing that a lot.
 Some  more wild flowers we saw along the way.
This is Cathedral rock. We didn't take the trail all the was up to it, we were getting pretty thirsty.

 We took the trail heading down instead.  
This is looking back.

I've always like Aspen trees they were in the picnic area when we got back down from the trail.

Here we are posing for the camera and what happens.

Shawn gets FRESH with me.
 Just thought I'd share that with you since it was the theme. He's always playing around making me laugh.
Another happy couple.

We did go in side the lodge and quench our thirst lots of FRESH water and a REFRESHING cocktail for Jarilyn and I. The men just had soft drinks.
We were sitting at the table and outside they had a lot of humming bird feeders so I tried to take a few pictures of them. These are the only two that came out ok, such fast little birds. 

We went home after that, short but sweet trip.  I hope you had some fun sharing it with me. 

14 comments:

MadSnapper said...

these are all great, i really like the self portrait

Bagman and Butler said...

A wonderful walk through your world. You have the ability to see freshness in everything -- what a great skill.

EG CameraGirl said...

Lots of fresh ideas here. ;)

MizzKay said...

What a beautiful, fresh, part of the world you live in.

Unknown said...

Great adventure, great shots. Fresh air can't be beat. Like the fresh activity going on with Shawn, LOL
QMM

Pauline said...

You see fresh everywhere when you look for it, don't you? I enjoyed your fresh air adventure.

Kim, USA said...

Wow it does look you all had fun. the landscape is beautiful!! Great shots!

fmtso

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I see genie trapped inside that bottle.

Tiffany in Topeka said...

Great get away! 20 degrees cooler sounds so wonderful right now!! Ha!

That photo of Cathedral rock is breathtaking! Well done!

~JarieLyn~ said...

Excellent storytelling. I cracked up when I got to Shawn getting fresh because I didn't even notice that when I took the picture of you guys. Love the fresh air too. Smells so good.

Jama said...

I would to have that walk together with you, the scenery there are simply out of this world!

Unknown said...

wow Gayla!! I enjoyed your post so much. so many fantastic shots also. nice shots of you and your hubby, JarieLyn and her hubby, and very nice solo shot of JarieLyn. thanks for sharing all of this with us!!

Tina´s PicStory said...

What a refreshing trip! :)

studioarthouse said...

Love the humming birds

My Blog List